By offering comprehensive training that is specifically tailored to the unique needs and challenges of the field of shelter care, ShelterU can help organizations build a stronger and more effective workforce that is better equipped to serve the homeless.
This collection is tailored to provide comprehensive knowledge and skills relevant to the ministry of Citygate partners. The learner gains access to courses carefully selected to provide a well-rounded educational experience.
Curated Course Collection
The learner will have unlimited viewing of course titles included in the collection purchased for six (6) months.
Track Training History
Multiple learners (depending on # of logins purchased) can view and track history that can easily be printed and shared with supervisor.
Save Course Progress
With the user-friendly platform, progress is always saved, allowing the learner to easily pick up right where they left off when logging back in.
This purchase option comes with a single login. The individual learner can securely log into their account and have exclusive access to their personalized course content, assessments, and learning resources.
* The login credentials provided upon purchase are meant to be used by a single learner, and are not intended to be shared with others. This restriction ensures that the learning progress and achievements within the course(s) remain specific to the individual learner. It also helps maintain the integrity and security of the learning platform by preventing unauthorized access or sharing of user accounts.
with code Citygate*
- Human Trafficking 101 Victimology
- Trauma Responses
- NSSI: Non-Suicidal Self Injury Cultural Considerations Personal Hygiene
- Informed Consent
- Incident Reporting
- Spiritual Warfare d) Religious Character
- Essential HR Policies & Practices) Principles of Staff Care
- Volunteers as Staff
- Church Engagement and Cultivation Cultivating In-Kind Support
*Discount applies to the CityGate Collection of courses only.
National Landscape Map of Residential Shelters Serving Survivors of Exploitation
Explore the Institute’s interactive map! We actively track shelters and direct service organizations that serve survivors of sexual exploitation.
The Institute for Shelter Care conducts research related to restorative care for victims of exploitation, most often, within the context of a residential program.
While our research primarily centers on residential programs dedicated to serving sex trafficking survivors, there are commonalities in care provision. We believe that the insights gained from these contexts are applicable to the work of homeless shelters.
The Institute for Shelter Care invites you to take advantage of our webinar series, “Business of Ministry,” tailored specifically for faith-based nonprofits.