Triune Care Model©
for Emergency-Stabilization Shelters
The Triune Care Model© (TCM) for Emergency-Stabilization Shelters training is designed to equip those who serve victims of domestic sex trafficking in the initial phase of care (first 30 – 90 days). Based on the Institute’s Triune Care Model© as well as principles adapted from trauma-informed care, Trust-Based Relational Intervention, victim-centered care, and other proven practices, this program offers knowledge and skills needed to be a direct care provider.
The Institute for Shelter Care and its adjunct faculty has built on nearly 30 years of combined experience in working with trafficking survivors. The program includes 50 hours of online and in-person instruction and the participant is given 3 months to complete all of the requirements. The training is taught by shelter leaders with over a decade (or more) of direct care experience.
- Enrollment includes a 90-day subscription for unlimited use of the Institute’s Learning Management System including all course materials, video recordings, and resources
- The training intensive is offered 3 times per year in 2023 and is held at our Louisville, KY training location
- Participant provides for their own travel and lodging during on-site intensive. The Institute has a preferred rate at a nearby hotel
- Note: the intensive training can also be brought on-site to the shelter’s location. Contact Jeanne Allert for more details
On-Site Training Intensive
- Referral and Intakes
- Trauma Informed Care
- Environmental, Structural, Relational Safety
- Safe Spirituality
- Addictions and Sobriety
- Traumatic Responses
- De-escalation Techniques
- And much more
Online Courses Prior to Intensive
- HT 101 – as needed, the Institute recommends taking the Justice U™ course click here
- Assessing Your Personal Calling
- Continuum of Care for Survivors
- TCM Overview
- Stages of Change
Working with Law Enforcement
This program will be offered three times in 2023 based on registration. Seating is limited. Register for the cohort that works best for your schedule
Start your online courses April 1. The in-person intensive will be May 15-19. Online courses end June 30.
Start your online courses July 1. The in-person intensive will be August 21-25. Online courses end September 30.
Start your online courses October 1. The in-person intensive will be November 27 – December 1. Online courses end December 31.
May intensive: April 21
July intensive: June 21
November intensive: October 20
Limited to 16 participants per cohort. Cost is $1,500 per person for the full program. Through the generosity of our donors, we have scholarships available for some applicants. Please indicate on your application if you would like to be considered for a scholarship.