Consider what is statistically “normal” for a victim of sex trafficking in America:
- It’s normal for her to have been a victim of childhood sexual abuse.
- It’s normal for her to have been introduced to pornography by age seven (7) and illegal drugs by age ten (10).
- It’s normal for her to have been sold into commercial sex trade by age fourteen (14).
- It’s normal for her to have dropped out of school by grade eight (8), been arrested multiple times and carry the burden of a criminal record.
- It’s normal for her to have suffered multiple miscarriages and forced abortions.
- It’s normal for her to believe that there is no one who cares, no one coming to her rescue, no chance that her life will ever be different.
The Samaritan Women is committed to seeing a new normal emerge. Since 2007, we have been lifting our voices against sexual exploitation, opening our hearts and homes to those who have been victimized.
We hope that you will join our Mission with a gift today to The Samaritan Women
As of Q1 2020:
|Open and active shelters||132|
|States with no shelter program||16|
|States with 1 shelter program||12|
|Shelters for males||24|
|Greatest need for shelters||women with children, and minors|
Note: Numbers are updated on a monthly basis