Apply for Internship
Currently Accepting Applications for:
Administrative Support Intern
The Samaritan Women is seeking an intern who will be able to provide primary administrative support to the Executive Director as well as general administrative support for the organization.
- Makes and confirms travel arrangements for Director; Prepares travel itineraries
- Schedule and confirm meetings; research contacts and prepare summary in advance of meetings
- Enters contacts into MailChimp or DonorSnap
- Prepares collateral for speaking events
- Maintain shared calendars
- Document minutes of staff meetings
- Maintain staff birthdays or key anniversaries and facilitate staff care celebrations
- Processes receipts and expense reports
- Any other administrative duties assigned by the Executive Director
- Personal laptop and cell phone
- Proficiency with Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, and Excel
- A command of accurate grammar and punctuation; skilled in proofreading
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with a diverse group of people
Development Office Intern
The Samaritan Women is seeking an intern who is able to support our Development Office with data entry, donor gratitude, scanning files, and assisting with fundraising efforts.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Database Entry: Our Development Office maintains a constituent relationship management (CRM) system to cultivate relationships with donors, churches, volunteers, and others who engage in our mission. We are looking for a detail-oriented volunteer with prior experience working in a CRM system who is available on a weekly or monthly basis, especially during December and January. Ongoing tasks include adding new contact records, entering event interactions, and merging duplicate contact records.
- Donor Gratitude: Our Development Office expresses gratitude often to our generous and thoughtful donors. We are looking for friendly volunteers with neat handwriting and/or strong verbal communication skills who are available on a weekly basis, especially during November, December, and January. Tasks primarily include handwriting thank you notes and making thank you calls to donors.
- Scan Grant Files: Our Development Office is becoming more organized and efficient by transitioning to all electronic files. We are looking for a detail-oriented volunteer who enjoys creating order and routinized tasks. This project is organizing and scanning paper grant files, estimated to take about 10 hours of volunteer time and can be completed in shorter increments.
- Fundraising Efforts: Our Development Office is partnering with salons to participate in our “Your New Look, Her New Life” Salon Challenge. We are looking for a research savvy volunteer who would like to help identify salons and day spas in Maryland. This project is searching for salons and day spas that follow specific criteria and listing them in an excel spreadsheet that will be used to make phone calls to garner interest in charitable fundraising for The Samaritan Women.
The commitment for each opportunity is 10-15 hours/week; 3-6 months
Schedules are flexible within a Monday – Friday
8:00am – 6:00pm work week